28 Apr CBD Oil for Dogs
Given all the research and facts on cannabidiol CBD we know now that there is proven benefits to CBD-based supplements. Research has shown that it improves the condition of dogs suffering from chronic pain, dysplasia, and even cancer. And let’s be honest, none of us can stand to see our beloved furry friend in pain!
What is the Endocannabinoid System?
Most people are unaware that we humans have our own Endocannabinoid System (ECS). Within the ECS are special receptors, transmitters and enzymes found in the body. The ECS runs through our central and peripheral nervous system, gut and skin. It has special function in regulating skin health, immunity, digestion, sleep, mood, pain and inflammation. Although, not yet fully proven, research is beginning to show that certain cannabinoids in cannabis attach to our own cannabinoid receptors. And also has benefits in the treatment of cancer.
Through much study, researchers are beginning to find evidence that CBD oil activates our ECS in numerous beneficial ways, such as:
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve sleep
- Promote gut health and aid digestion
- Relieve anxiety
- Help with depression
Just like people, our furry friends have an endocannabinoid system too! And while most vets are not legally allowed prescribe CBD oil as a treatment for dogs; the recommended dose on the doggy grapevine is 2–3 milligrams per 10lbs of body weight. It’s been used especially for dogs with osteoarthritis. Current pet meds such as NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), unfortunately, have side effects including serious GI problems, liver and kidney failure. Also NSAIDs are very harsh on dogs who already suffer with sensitive guts. So at the very least, CBD oil given as part of a treatment, would support a lower dosage of pain and anti-inflammatory drugs.
How to administer CBD oil to your dog
- Place the oil directly into their mouth with the dropper. Make sure you give them a treat afterwards to ensure they’ve swallowed it.
- Mix the CBD oil into their favourite food.
- Give the CBD as their treat. Since most dog treats are dry – in the form of biscuits – drop the CBD oil on and let it sit for a few mins to absorb.
- Dilute the CBD oil into their water. Good quality CBD oil is almost tasteless and odourless, so there should be no problem with your dog drinking it in water.
- Remember not to expect an instant result. The benefits of CBD oil will take 4–6 weeks to manifest. But stick with it, our furry friends are worth it!
When you buy from 123CBD.ie
We take care of every aspect of your experience. Your order arrives at your door quickly and discreetly. Many of our customers prefer dry vaping our CBD hemp flowers. Also the effect of using a tea strainer works very well in extracting the CBD from our flowers.
We do encourage all of our customers to seek medical advice before beginning with our CBD products. Medical conditions should always be discussed with your doctor.