24 May Is CBD Oil Good for Pets?
Why should you consider giving CBD products to your pet?
Because we love them and treat them like family – it’s the truth! Hands-up anyone who talks to their dog? A habit that’s escalated since world-wide lock down. For some they’re our bestest-bud for others they’re life-depending guides and companions. So naturally, we want to take car of them and may have heard that CBD oil is used for dogs and cats today, but are still unsure of the do’s and don’ts. Here’s a few reason’s you should consider it.
- Most brands of CBD oil for pets are natural and holistic.Check the label to see if was organically grown and contains no pesticides or chemicals. Also check that it was extracted using only food grade ethanol and water and not harsh solvents. (Ethanol should have evaporated before the final stage of process). Finally, check it was lab tested and contains <0.02% THC.
- Hemp seed products do not contain CBD but are nutritionally rich in essential unsaturated fatty acids, such as – omega-6-linoleic acid, omega-6-gamma-linoleic acid and omega-3-linoleic acid, and contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, D and E. So it’s an excellent food supplement.
- CBD oil is made from the flowers, leaves and stems and is rich in many cannabinoids including cannabidiol (CBD) and hundreds of terpenes and flavonoids – each compound unique and with its own phytochemical qualities.
- Humans and animals have their own endocannabinoid system. It’s three main elements are
- Endocannabinoids (eCBs)
- Enzymes that break down the eCBs
- Cannabinoid receptors (CB receptors) CBD can enhance CB receptors ability to bind to cannabinoids and restore natural balance to the body’s ECB system. One of the main roles of the endocannabinoid system is to control inflammation by regulating the immune response. An improperly working immune system can trigger allergies and auto-immune problems such as making the body vulnerable to infections or even the growth of cancer cells.
- It will enhance your pet’s health and enable them to be happier and more calm
- It may reduce frequent and costly visits to the vet.
What pet conditions is CBD used for
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis
- Anxiety issues
- Neurological disorders
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve sleep
- Promote gut health and aid digestion
- Help calm aggressive behaviour
- Help recovery after illness
- Help with pain and anxiety experienced at end of life
A recent study on the effects of CBD on dogs with osteoarthritis found that it decreased pain and increased activity.
“Veterinary assessment showed decreased pain during CBD treatment (p < 0.02). No side effects were reported by owners …”
“This pharmacokinetic and clinical study suggests that 2 mg/kg of CBD twice daily can help increase comfort and activity in dogs with OA.”
PMC (US National Library of Medicine National Institute of Health) 2018.
When you buy from 123CBD.ie
We take care of every aspect of your experience. Your order arrives at your door quickly and discreetly. Many of our customers prefer dry vaping our CBD hemp flowers. Also the effect of using a tea strainer works very well in extracting the CBD from our flowers.
We do encourage all of our customers to seek medical advice before beginning with our CBD products. Medical conditions should always be discussed with your doctor.