29 May How to give CBD to your Dog or Cat
Recently we brought you some articles on CBD Oil for pets in Ireland. We were also able to locate some medical research into trials on Dogs with Osteoarthritis:
A recent study on the effects of CBD on dogs with osteoarthritis found that it decreased pain and increased activity.
“Veterinary assessment showed decreased pain during CBD treatment (p < 0.02). No side effects were reported by owners …”
“This pharmacokinetic and clinical study suggests that 2 mg/kg of CBD twice daily can help increase comfort and activity in dogs with OA.”
US PMC (National Library of Medicine National Institute of Health, 2018)
However, keep in mind that CBD products are legally sold in Ireland and Europe so long as they make no medical claims!
We merely inform you of the latest news, research, facts and findings of the benefits that CBD has been associated with – while making no medical claims.
Meanwhile, we patiently wait upon the latest legislation from all medical bodies and governments alike as they preside, decide and debate over the whole Cannabis issue.
Recommended Doses of CDB Oil for Cats & Dogs
Starting dose: 1 mg – 5 mg per 10 lbs/4.5 kg of body weight for dogs, with cats 1 – 5mg is advised.
|About 10 pounds
|About 20 pounds
|About 30 pounds
|About 40 pounds
|About 50 pounds
|About 60 pounds
|About 70 pounds
|About 80 pounds
|About 90 pounds
|About 100 pounds
Let common sense prevail. Start with a low dose and gradually build up. Like you would if you were changing food for a dog or cat with a sensitive gut. If all goes well, dose your pet with CBD twice daily.
How to give CBD to your Dog or Cat
- Drop the CBD oil straight into the mouth from the dropper. Odourless CBD oil is best.
- Simply mix it in with food.
- Dab on paws to be licked off.
- Apply to the bare skin inside ears.
- Capsule forms may be added to food or inserted into a treat.
- Drop the oil onto a treat (dry biscuit) and wait a few minutes until it absorbs.
- For CBD oil that comes in forms such as, Coconut oil & CBD or Honey & CBD etc; it can be added to food or a treat, or given directly from a spoon.
- May all our furry friends be happy, calm and pain free!
When you buy from 123CBD.ie
We take care of every aspect of your experience. Your order arrives at your door quickly and discreetly. Many of our customers prefer dry vaping our CBD hemp flowers. Also the effect of using a tea strainer works very well in extracting the CBD from our flowers.
We do encourage all of our customers to seek medical advice before beginning with our CBD products. Medical conditions should always be discussed with your doctor.